Post-it® Brand Collaboration Week: Wednesday’s Note MobileCreative Kidstuff
Mobiles aren’t just for infants and toddlers. We’ll show you how older kids and adults can create one using Post-it® Brand products. It’s a great way to add some color to a classroom or a room at home. Be careful with the hot glue gun!
What you’ll need:
3 wood dowels (if you don’t have dowels, you can use sticks or chopsticks or pencils)
fishing line or string
1 pack of 3″ x 3″ Post-it® Super Sticky Notes in a variety of colors
1 roll of Scotch® tape
hot glue gun and glue sticks
What to do:
1. Take one Post-it® Note and fold it in half diagonally so it makes a triangle. Do this to three more Post-it® Notes, until you have four triangles that are sticky on one side. You can use any color combination you like.
2. Take the four triangles and stick them together, one at a time. Make sure that you stick one sticky side to one non-sticky side.
3. Before sticking the last two triangles together, cut a piece of fishing line and tape it to the non-sticky triangle. Then stick your last two sides together.
4. Repeat this until you have 6-8 pieces for your mobile.
5. Glue the three dowels together to form a triangle. Let the glue cool.
6. Take each hanging part of your mobile, and tie it to the dowel. Vary the lengths at which they hang, so they don’t all bump into each other.
7. Once your mobile pieces are hanging from the frame, find a place to display your project!
This activity was brought to you by Creative Kidstuff and Post-it® Brand.
See this and other fun Post-it® Brand ideas at Post-it.com