Post-it® Brand Collaboration Week: Monday’s Pinwheel GardenCreative Kidstuff
Creative Kidstuff is excited to partner with 3M and Post-it® Brand to bring you some easy AND fun DIY projects for you and your kids!
Up first – Brighten up your desk or your neighbor’s desk, or your kid’s room or any old room for that matter, with PINWHEELS! Not just one pinwheel, mind you. With this project, we show you how to create a whole garden!
What you need:
–pebbles, glass beads, coffee beans, anything small and round and heavy
–short flat pins or brads
–1 pack of 3″ x 3″ Post-it® Super Sticky Notes in a variety of colors
What to do:
1. With one Post-it® Note at a time, cut from each corner toward the center. Make your cuts approximately 1.5” long, so they come near the center point without touching it.
2. Take every other corner and fold it into the center, without creasing the paper. (You can also use a little bit of hot glue to help keep these in place.)
3. Holding the corners in place, take a push pin or safety pin and push it through the center of your pinwheel.
4. Then, take a short flat pin and push into a paper straw, securely attaching your pinwheel.
5. Repeat this until you have as many pinwheels as you want. Fill your flowerpot with pebbles or beads, and stick the pinwheels into the pot. Enjoy your festive Pinwheel Garden!